Best Car Insurance in Las Vegas from Balsiger Insurance
Las Vegas Auto Insurance Information
More than 42 million people visited Las Vegas in 2018. That’s a lot of cars on the street, most being driven by out-of-towners unfamiliar with the area, who are looking at the sights and scenery, and otherwise preoccupied with just about everything except driving. This increases the risk of an auto accident, especially when driving in the most congested areas of town, like The Strip. It is estimated that all drivers will be involved in about six accidents throughout their life, but living in an area like Las Vegas considerably ups the risks of being involved in an accident.
Auto insurance offsets the costs associated with car accidents up to the policy limit. Drivers are required by law to carry minimum amounts of auto insurance known as a liability policy. Liability auto insurance covers the costs of damages/injuries to others involved in an at-fault accident but doesn’t cover the costs of your own injuries and damages. A full-coverage policy is available to cover both sets of costs. Full-coverage insurance is more expensive than a liability policy as you might imagine. While not required by law, individuals who lease new cars from dealerships are oftentimes required to carry coverage as a part of their loan agreement.
Balsiger Insurance has two locations in Nevada, with one in Reno and one in Las Vegas. Balsiger Insurance – Las Vegas is located at 3481 E Sunset Rd #100, Las Vegas, NV 89120 near the McCarran International Airport. Reach out to their staff at (702) 220-8640 for a free quote. They have highly rated car insurance agents to help you get quotes in Las Vegas. They are an independent insurance agency which means they will shop multiple Nevada carriers on your behalf.
Required Auto Insurance in Las Vegas
All Nevada drivers are required by law to carry a minimum auto insurance policy with the following coverage amounts:
– $15,000 Bodily Injury coverage for one injury
– $30,000 Bodily Injury coverage for all injuries
– $10,000 Property Damage coverage
This is most often known as a 15/30/10 policy. Digital auto insurance verification is now available to Las Vegas drivers, but it’s still ideal to keep a copy of the provided insurance card inside the vehicle. It’s easier to hand law enforcement a card than to wait for verification.
Optional insurance options include:
– Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
– Towing and Labor
– Medical and Funeral Expenses
– Roadside Assistance
A policy that includes state-required coverage as well as comprehensive and collision coverage is known as a full-coverage policy.
Las Vegas Auto Insurance Costs
Despite the added risks of being involved in an auto accident in Las Vegas, 12.2% of drivers are without the state-required auto insurance coverage. Not only do these drivers risk expensive tickets if stopped by law enforcement, but they’re also expected to pay auto accident costs out of pocket and face a multitude of consequences in the process. Many drivers cite the costs of coverage their main reason for a lack of coverage.
Men pay an average cost of $1,569 to insure their vehicles in Las Vegas, while women pay an average of $1,681.48 per year. Other factors that affect auto insurance rates include your educational background, your age, marital status, and the type of car that you drive. Las Vegas car insurance rates are more expensive than the average $980 rate in the state but you should never drive uninsured and take those types of risks. There are many money-saving ideas to reduce the costs of coverage.
How to Save Money on Las Vegas Auto Insurance
The easiest way to keep auto insurance costs low is by maintaining a safe driving record. Obey the laws of the road, pay attention when behind the wheel, and avoid aggressive driving to reduce risks of tickets and accidents. Even one accident can increase auto insurance rates by as much as 30%!
Other tips that mitigate the expense of auto insurance Include:
– Compare coverage with several companies before selecting a policy. Auto insurance rates considerably vary from one provider to the next. Free estimates make comparing costs simple, which then ensures you get the best rates for coverage.
– Increase the amount of your deductible. The standard deductible amount is $500. Increase it to $1000 or more and enjoy a break in coverage rates.
– Most auto insurance companies use your credit score to help determine the costs of coverage. Keep your credit score as high as possible to enjoy the lowest coverage costs.
– Take advantage of the discounts available. Auto insurance companies are notorious for offering discounts to their customers. Although available discounts vary from one company to the next, you may be able to take advantage of savings from safe driving discounts, multi-policy, multi-driver, and loyal driver discounts.
Don’t drive in Las Vegas without the required auto insurance. Although more expensive than in other areas of the state, auto insurance keeps you protected and grants you comfort and assurance while behind the wheel of your automobile that you’d otherwise lack. It is far too risky to drive without car insurance to make this mistake.